Re: TI83 Emulator for TI86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI83 Emulator for TI86

Because many people have forgotten that the primary purpose of calculators
is to do math, not to play games.  The games are just a bonus to kill time
during math class IF you don't need to pay attention to get an A.
You want to play games, real games?  Buy a Game Boy.  You want to write
games for the internet community to enjoy?  Write it in C for dos or Windows.

Okay, I'm being extreme here, I play and write those calc games as much as
anybody else, but I still have the big picture in mind.  Sure, you might
want to hang onto that ten year old NES so you can still play the original
Metroid or Zelda, but do we really need to obsess over the TI-82 games you
can't play because you have an 86 instead?  It doesn't actually hurt anything
if you do obsess, but they are just calculator games, after all.
(This oughta stir up some comments/flames.  Just don't go too far.
I'm not always as serious as I sound.  Take it with a grain of salt.)