ST3: Humanoid Limitations...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ST3: Humanoid Limitations...

I am going to soon develop ST3.  I plan on building it around a central
interrupt routine and pre-made patches.  I will be playing the music and
sound effects simultaneously at 11 Khz as people play their game.  Since an
interrupt occurs every 1/200 of a second, I want to play the music at a
rate that will make the blank pauses not too noticeable and yet will be
faster than beta waves (I prefer gamma or delta waves).  My question is,
how many clock cycles should I dedicate to the sound routine every
interrupt?  I need an idea before I start so I don't have to run too many
tests.  TIA

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org