Re: (no subject given)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (no subject given)

>>I need to send some TI-86 files to a PC user. I only have Mac's.
What is the name of the PC equivalent of TIAutoType for Mac's?
Will he need this kind of utility program or will PC's automatically
translate the Mac version to a PC version?<<
        Well, the reason you need the TIAutoTRype for the mac is because the type of
data that is held in a file is held in the resource fork instead of in the name
so..  you'll just need to make sure the name is less than or equall to 8
characters(including the suffix) and put a '.86P','86S','86G' etc. at the end
of the name.
        Note:  I am unsure of the exact suffix letters for the TI86.

SmithwickC
I might be wrong on this but I'm almost positive I'm not.