TI-8X memory expansion (Was: TI-83 MEMORY EXPANSION PROJECT)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-8X memory expansion (Was: TI-83 MEMORY EXPANSION PROJECT)

Hi,

Just wanted to let you all know that the Expander SF's replacement,
the Expander II, is now finished and finished units are going to
be availible very shortly. You can, in fact, already build your own.

There are now E2 drivers for the TI-85, TI-86 and TI-92. That's
right, I finished the TI-85 drivers and they seem to work
great. So you TI-85 guys can have memory expanders now too. :)

There is still a need for a TI-82/TI-83 port of the driver. Source
to both the E2-85 and E2-86 drivers is availible on the E2
homesite:

http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/eii/

The E2-85 driver will be on ticalc.org shortly.

I hate using this list for blatant self-ads, but a lot of
people don't know that the E2 is in fact done and availible
for the 85, 86 and 92.

For those of you that don't know, the E2 is a small,
9V device with 512kb of memory that connects to any TI
calculator with E2 drivers and allows you to transfer
programs/strings (and in some cases other variables)
to and from the E2. You can fill it full of games
or data for any of the calculators, and it can co-exist
on the device with stuff for the other calculators at the
same time. It is accessed via the link port, and the
hardware will work with any of the current TI graphing
calculators with assembly support and link ports.

Oh, yeah, and all the parts used are readily availible
from me, electronics distributors like mouser/digikey,
and a memory chip distributor. Speaking of which,
the memory chips used in the E2 are availible from
Bruce Christensen (bruce@iname.com) for much less than
professional distributors would charge. If you need
one, you should contact him.

If you have any questions, please explore the E2
home site at the URL above. You can of
course also contact me at bryanr@flash.net.

Regards,

Bryan