Re: Preview of the TI-85 Archive!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Preview of the TI-85 Archive!

I have to agree with Ray. There is nothing there that TICalc.org alone
doesnt have. Besides, What is the point of a TI chat?? Someone would have to
be incredibly bored to want to use it. By the way, nice pic of the forum
preview. Hmm, mail lists- at Ticalc. Forums- at TICalc. Also, you're just
going to have the same exact programs that the other TI hubs have. Same
boring stuff. Oh well, maybe it will be a success (hahaha), but I guess
we'll all find out.

At 06:56 AM 7/25/98 GMT, Jonathan Chum wrote:
>Well this is different. For one thing, we're doing this because we
>want to. Secondly have you visited TI-Files? Their layout and design
>sucked and they created forums and stuff that are linked from their
>guestbook! TI-Calc on the other hand has loads of info, but they need
>to update their site design once in a while (it's a bit boring there).
>I have nothing against these sites, just that I want a change. I like
>to visit TI-Calc because of faster updates than TI-Files. TI-Files is
>better because of more things to do, like TI radio. I also have many
>friends that would like screen shots of programs before they download.
>This is one thing that many TI-85 users won't be dissappointed. Every
>os game will have a scanned image of the game not in black and white
>like ti-files but greyscale.
>
>Another thing too. I have never seen a banner rotation system on any
>site, ICQ List, Chat Room except for IRC etc etc...
>
>BTW I wasn't lying that geocities server was not working. Any site
>underneath the Horizon domain was unaccessable. Also I was able to get
>another server to put the pictures on so now everyone can see for
>themselves (http://www.xanthis.home.ml.org/preview)
>that the TI-85  Archive will be a success!!! =)
>
>Jonathan Chum
>
>Ray Kremer <raykremer@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
>>I don't want to sound cynical or anything, but for all the hype you're
>>putting us through, I hope for your sake that your site is something
>>special.  That list you gave of stuff on your site, all that's been done
>>to death.  If that's all you have, you will be disappointed by the low hit
>>count that you are bound to get.  Frankly, between ticalc.org, TI-Files,
>>and www.ti.com, there's not much left to do by way of calculator web sites.
>>But hey, why don't you just join some of the existing TI web rings, and
>>submit your URL to ticalc.org and the TI-Files along with the other dozens
>>of TI-85 web sites.  Okay, that sounded cynical.  I can't help it.  It's
>>just that with all this hype, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>And no, I have nothing against yet another TI web page, just the pointless
>>hype.

Yahoo! It's 100% free. To learn more about Yahoo!'s personalised services,
including My Yahoo!, Yahoo! Games, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Quotes, Yahoo!
Travel, Yahoo! Pager, Yahoo! Shopping, Yahoo! Classifieds, and more, at
http://www.yahoo.com/

Ever wonder how tall grass would be if humans hadn't been here to mow it?
ICQ UIN (if you have ICQ)        -- 2097846
ICQ E-mail Express (if you dont) -- mailto:2097846@wwp.mirabilis.com