Re: Preview of the TI-85 Archive!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Preview of the TI-85 Archive!

Well this is different. For one thing, we're doing this because we
want to. Secondly have you visited TI-Files? Their layout and design
sucked and they created forums and stuff that are linked from their
guestbook! TI-Calc on the other hand has loads of info, but they need
to update their site design once in a while (it's a bit boring there).
I have nothing against these sites, just that I want a change. I like
to visit TI-Calc because of faster updates than TI-Files. TI-Files is
better because of more things to do, like TI radio. I also have many
friends that would like screen shots of programs before they download.
This is one thing that many TI-85 users won't be dissappointed. Every
os game will have a scanned image of the game not in black and white
like ti-files but greyscale.

Another thing too. I have never seen a banner rotation system on any
site, ICQ List, Chat Room except for IRC etc etc...

BTW I wasn't lying that geocities server was not working. Any site
underneath the Horizon domain was unaccessable. Also I was able to get
another server to put the pictures on so now everyone can see for
themselves (http://www.xanthis.home.ml.org/preview)
that the TI-85  Archive will be a success!!! =)

Jonathan Chum

Ray Kremer <raykremer@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

>I don't want to sound cynical or anything, but for all the hype you're
>putting us through, I hope for your sake that your site is something
>special.  That list you gave of stuff on your site, all that's been done
>to death.  If that's all you have, you will be disappointed by the low hit
>count that you are bound to get.  Frankly, between ticalc.org, TI-Files,
>and www.ti.com, there's not much left to do by way of calculator web sites.
>But hey, why don't you just join some of the existing TI web rings, and
>submit your URL to ticalc.org and the TI-Files along with the other dozens
>of TI-85 web sites.  Okay, that sounded cynical.  I can't help it.  It's
>just that with all this hype, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
>And no, I have nothing against yet another TI web page, just the pointless
>hype.

Follow-Ups: References: