Re: Adding system memory to a ti85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Adding system memory to a ti85

I would say no.  The Z80 processor is only capable of managing 24k of memory
at a time, which is what the 85 already has.  When TI produced the 86 with
96k of memory, they had to write a complex "RAM paging" system to handle it
all.  The usual method of getting more memory for the 85 is to attach a
module with a RAM chip to the linking port.  Read this for a few links:
http://rhf.bradley.edu/~rkremer/tifaq.htm#13.