[ad] Memory Expansion is back!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[ad] Memory Expansion is back!

Hi,

As you may remember, a year or so ago Mel Tsai released a device
called the Expander SF which allowed you to send, via the
link port, up to 1MB of TI-85 programs to a small and portable
device. Unfortunately, supplies dried up and the ESF never reached
its full potential.

I am pleased to announce that the Expander II, the long-awaited
replacement for the ESF, is finally finished and those of you
that are proficient in electronics can now purchase the parts
necessary to construct your own unit. Best of all, the entire
device costs less than the ESF memory chip alone! The Expander II
currently has a driver for the TI-92, and a driver for the TI-86
is almost finished. After the TI-86 driver is finalized, a port
to the TI-85 and, possibly, the TI-83 will begin. One device,
less expensive than the ESF, will soon work with all of your TI
calculators!

The Expander II design is fairly simple, and requires only
slightly more electronics experience than did the ESF. However,
if you would rather wait to buy a finished unit, there are
several so-called 'subcontractors' who will, very shortly,
begin selling assembled and tested units for only a little
more than you would spend building one yourself. For
more information, see the Order page off of the main E2 site.

The official Expander II project site is located at
http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/eii/ If you would like to
be able to carry around 512kbytes of programs, games,
levels, data, and any other valuable data you have
on your calculator, I hope you'll take the chance to
check it out.

Again:

http://www.flash.net/~bryanr/eii/

If you would like to build your own device, I would
appreciate it if you e-mailed me before Wednesday, and
sooner if possible. I will be sending off a parts order
either late tomorrow or early Wednesday, and if you
would like to have the parts to build your own within
the next week or so, you need to contact me ASAP.

For those of you interested in connecting gizmos to
your calculator, the Expander II also has a 6 I/O
line module port -- all of the lines being directly
controllable by the calculator. No longer do you
have to be hindered by limited I/O options!

I am not trying to make a huge profit on this thing; I am
only trying to recover development expenses. I'm sorry if
the ad offended anyone. I am confident that this is the
most advanced and versatile calculator add-on availible,
and I hope you'll take the time to check it out.

Regards,

Bryan

--
Bryan Rittmeyer