Re: random numbers

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: random numbers

On Tuesday, June 30, 1998, at 10:17 Tucker  writes:
>it uses a set pattern of seed numbers in an equation that seems to
>generate "random" numbers...same way computer does it, except on
>computer you can use the clock to seed randoms
>
>Chris Hiszpanski wrote:
>>
>> How does the calculator fin random numbers? Just curious.

Well, obviously, but what's the equation? I figured out the pattern for
the *first* rand# for any seed (a really simple equation using iPart and
some constants), but I can't tell how it generates subsequent #s. I
imagine there must be an equation for generating the next number based on
the last one; it would seem stupid to just have a big list of numbers in
memory.
        BTW, I use the 82, although I think the rand#generator is the
same for all the calcs (those with Z80s, anyway). And I haven't done any
work in asm language; I don't even know if there is a rand#generator in
asm.

Thanks,
Ben Przybyla
syzygy.bp@juno.com

And if the ti.com faq site that the other post gave explains all this,
sorry. I haven't seen it.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: