list sorting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

list sorting

> Thanx
>
> When I read the word "names", it never occurred to me that the writer actually
> meant "the letters in one particular name".

I'm not exactly sure if that's what the original author meant.
{10,15,4,25} for JODY is just one possible interpretation (my
interpretaion). Another way that I can think of would be to assign
each letter in the alphabet two digits, ie. A=01...Z=26, and put the
entire name as one element. JODY = {10150425}. FYI, storing each
letter to one list element is how one can store and display various
words, at least on the 83.

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net