Re: damn graphlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: damn graphlink

we have the same problem at my school.  Even though there is more
than one plug in the back, the computer will only recognize one of
them.  The other one apparently is not connected to anything on the
inside of the computer. (another by-product of the school bidding
process no doubt.)  I can still use my graph link by disconnecting
the mouse and plugging the graph link cable where it came from.  This
is a hassle, especially with windows 95, but it works.  To make it
less annoying you can get a 9 pin to 9 pin cable from Wal-
Mart so that it's handy to do--no groping behind the CPU.

24 Jan 1998 12:24:14 - 0800 > Send reply to:  jhanson@csci.csusb.edu
> From:           jhanson <jhanson@CSCI.CSUSB.EDU>
> Subject:        damn graphlink
> To:             CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM

> I don't understand what's going on with this link.  I have two serial
> ports in back.  I have the graphlink cable connected to the number 1
> serial port.  My modem is running on com 4.  Everytime I open up the
> software it says that it can't open the connection.  The only port the
> damn thing recognizes is the modems com port.  Even when I switch the
> port I want the modem to run from, the graphlink software only
> recognizes that particular port.
>         How do you get past this?
>         I saw a message from some guy saying you had to uncheck the box in the
> port's advance settings... so I did, and it still doesn't work.  I
> really need help here.
>
> --
> Don't forget to visit http://web.csusb.edu/public/csci/jhanson
> Linda Tansil