Re: Mysterious link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mysterious link

Williams, Matt wrote:

> Okay,  I have something pretty weird going on.  I have a Pentium 166
> with windows NT 3.51 on it.  I boot it up with a DOS 6.0 disk.  I
> attach
> my parallel cable to the parallel port.  I load up link85xp and run it
>
> for my TI85 and it doesn't work.  Well, if I run FLink for my TI92, it
>
> works just fine.  Both software work fine on my 486 DX2 66Mhz computer
>
> with win95 on it.  If anybody can shed some light on this, that would
> be
> appreciated.
>
> --
>
>         -iceboxman
> TI-CALC Discoveries
> http://ticd.home.ml.org
> or
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/4152/index.html
>
> iceboxman@geocities.com

I had the same problem.  I could link to a 92 from my PC (which was a
Pentium75 with Win95 at that time).  However, I could not link to my 86
until I added an add-on I/O card to it (8-bit).  It was not very
expensive and had on-board jumpers to enable and disable the different
ports.  I was able to link perfectly after installing it.  I suspect you
have the same problem as I did, and you only need to add an I/O card to
use the link with your WinNT computer.  This is just what happened to me
and the cause of your problem may be different than mine.

-Jeremy