Re: Backups

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Backups

On Sunday, January 18, 1998 7:22 PM, Kevin J DeGraaf
[SMTP:kdegraaf@JUNO.COM] wrote:
> Thanks for using NetForward!
> http://www.netforward.com
> v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
>
> >Why would you ever want to make a backup, won't a group file
> >do, separate programs give more freedom, backups are just
> >limiting, confusing and impossible to transfer successfully.
>
> [snip]
>
> >I can transfer backups successfully, and they aren't limiting.  They
> >make your calculator exactly as it was before you lost all of your data.
>
> [snip]
>
> I agree with Grant.  For one thing, the 86 has 96.0K user RAM,
> but the GL software only supports group files of ~64K.  Also,
> a RAM backup would save _all_ your RAM _exactly_ as you had it;
> that is, system settings, modes, graph parameters, etc. would be
> preserved.  Finally, backups, being one file, would be very easy to
> organize.  It is a feature I really miss in the GL software.  TI
> really dropped the ball on this one.
>
> Kevin J. DeGraaf
> Class of 1999, Unity Christian High School

What I find is that I would want to copy extra files, if I want to restore
a previous backup and keep files on my calc already, I would have to copy
the files to my comp, put the backup on and then copy the files back
instrad of just copying the seperate programs.  Not a clear scenario, but I
just don't find them usefull.
                Chris Jarvis