Re: TI calculator ROM Dump

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI calculator ROM Dump

Joseph Gaffney wrote:

> At 08:40 PM 1/17/98 GMT, jADeD KNiGHt wrote:
> >Does anybody out there have a ROM dump from the TI-85 or TI-86?  I
> can't
> >seem to copy a dump from my 85, and I want to use one of the ti
> calculator
> >emulators for computer.  Also, does the TI-92 emulator need a ROM
> dump?
> >

> They all need rom dumps.  It is also illegal to use the rom of a
> calculator
> you don't own.
>
>  ----------------------------------------------
> |               Joseph M. Gaffney              |
> |    Efnet: rm-rf - gaffney@thethinker.com     |
> |  http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/  |

That's not quite true.  TI has said that you can own the ROM from ANY
calculator, as long as you own that particular model.  For example, I
own a TI-86 with ROM 1.2.  Someone could send me a ROM-dump from a
different ROM version, or a different calculator and TI would have no
problem with it.  This is based on a letter that was sent to someone who
had a site that provided these ROM dumps.

-Jeremy

Follow-Ups: References: