plz help....big prob with ti86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

plz help....big prob with ti86

hi. i am having a very strange problem with my ti-86...whenever i try to
copy any programs off my computer into my calc, it transfers for a few
seconds and then i get the error "38 link transmission error".  But the
wierd thing is, i cant press exit.  So then i unplug the link cable,
take out the batteries, put them back in, and press on.  the calculator
does NOT say "mem defaults set", but instead, the calc turns on very
briefly, and then turns off.  when the screen "flashes" like this, it
flashes the same error message "38 link transmission error", and i can
see the 5 boxes at the bottom of the screen and exit written in the
leftmost one.  if i keep pressing "on", then i can see the screen for a
longer amount of time.  The only way i can get my calc back to normal is
to take out all of the batteries for about 30 sec, and then when i put
them in it says the familiar "mem cleared defaults set" message.

why is this happening? it has never happened before, and i have used the
link many times before.  and yes, the cable is plugged in all the
way....also, sometimes when i am transferring something, and the error
38 comes up, the bottom half of the screen appears corrupted....

please email your response to me at kpoole@geocities.com
do not just post it, b/c i am not subscribed to the newsgroup