Re: New Packet Radio Calculator Interface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mike Leister wrote:

> I am working on a short range radio remote control.  The hardware is coming
along, and I've just started the software (thanks to Adam at dimension TI) and
I need to know how to control the linkport.  Please respond with sample code if
you can.

> <SNIP>

What are we going to control with the remote?? Can I do math and be at the
opposite side of the classroom at the same time :-)

JTK

JTK,
I found an IC that  uses a system similar to morse code to receive RF data bits.  It has 8 address bits and four data bits.  When it receives a valid address, it moves the data bits to the output.  My main focus is circuits, not calculators.  I wanted a portable, (re)programmable controller with an LCD display.  The TI-83 fits the bill.  The port  will connect to a circuit I am designing that will turn long and short serial bits into an RF CW signal.  The receiver will turn them back into a four bit parallel signal to control whatever circuit it is hooked up to.

The purpose is not to link calculators, but to control circuits from a distance.  This is a building block for my senior project.  I have not decided what circuit it will control, but it may be the robot I am building for my robotics class.  It has four stepper motors and one DC motor.  That would require a serial to 17 bit parallel converter.  I'm not sure that I want to attack that yet.

I think that a wireless data link between calculators would be interesting, but I'm more interested in remote circuit control than data exchange.

Mike