83 chess

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

83 chess

>  I didn't deny the possibility for a chess game. I only said the difference
> from a
> coputer ram and a calc ram was that the calc both stores progs and
> RandomAccessMemory' the Ti-ram.
> And of course you can make a chess prog at 27K.
> Do we really need the calc to do 6 moves with all the pieces??
> If you want a real challenge chess you should go for computer chess.
> There are 16 pieces which may be moved, and for every piece wich moves, there
> is 6
> different moves for ALL the other 16 pieces. If it thinks 6 moves ahead (3 for
> each side) that would be 16^6 moves
> = 16777216 moves. That is all the possibilities in the next six moves. My math
> might be wrong, it's sunday..but you get the point, 6 moves ahead is a lot.
> BTW: are there any programmers who would make this game??
> --
> JTK

I think it would be a good challenge. However, I don't know a thing
about artificial intelligence, and I think that the computer would
have to have at least some intelligence to make it worth while. Also,
I only know how to program in BASIC, and I think that this might be a
major drawback. How many moves ahead would the calc have to think, and
how would it interpret the results? How long would it take for the
calc to make up its mind, do you think?

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net