An idea...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

An idea...

Would anyone be interested in a monthly or bi-monthly (every other
month) archive of new programs for TI graphing calculators?  You
probably don't understand what I'm saying here so I'll try to explain
it.  If anyone is familiar with ABC's (All Basic Code's) BASIC program
packets (for computer BASIC), this is what I'm saying.  For those of you
who don't, the ABC packets are files that come out every 2 months.
These packets contain lots of BASIC code for various platforms (QBasic,
QuickBASIC, PowerBASIC, etc.) and different subjects, such as assembly,
graphics, EGA/VGA, games, memory, mouse, etc.  Between releases, source
code is sent to ABC's author and he puts them into the packet.  When
it's time to distribute the packet, it is posted on the ABC home page
and can be downloaded.  A program written for these packets extracts the
'grouped' files from the packet and adds them to the existing 'grouped'
files contained in the program's directory.  The program then allows
viewing and extraction of individual BASIC programs from these files.
Since I'm writing a link program, I could probably create a second
version of it with support for a similar system.  Every month or two, I
could release TI-program packets with all the new programs and
information collected since the last packet was released.  This program
could, rather than just extract the file to your hard drive, also send
the program to your calculator.  If anyone's interested in this, please
let me know.  If there's enough interest, I'll work on adding support to
my link program and have details ASAP.

-Jeremy