Re: 86 Asm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 86 Asm

Joseph Gaffney wrote:

> At 10:54 PM 1/9/98 -0700, Klukan wrote:
> >It is true that you don't need a shell, as long as you only want to
> run
> >standard 86-Asm programs.
>
> Then why mention the other shells?
>
>  ----------------------------------------------
> |               Joseph M. Gaffney              |
> |    Efnet: rm-rf - gaffney@thethinker.com     |
> |  http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/  |
>  ----------------------------------------------

Because someone might want to run programs for the 85 or 82 on their
86.  Or, they might want a friendlier interface for their programs.  I
have a few 85 programs on my calculator that I like to run, as well as
quite a few BASIC programs.  I find a categorized scrolling list of
programs much easier to navigate than the TI-OS program list.  And, when
I want to run an ASM program, I just highlight it and hit 2nd or Enter
to run it, rather than putting ASM( and the program name.  I use a shell
because it's convenient.

-Jeremy

Follow-Ups: References: