Re: Chess on the TI 83?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Chess on the TI 83?

John Prudente wrote:

> Does anyone know if there's a single person chess game for the TI 83? I know
> there's a 2 person game for the 82 (it doesn't seem to work to well when
> converter to the 83) Back in the early 80's when computers weren't too
> sophisticated - I can remember playing a chess game against a computer that
> only had 16k of ram - so I know it can be done for the 83. Come on -
> Somebody out there must have tried this?
I think there is some confusion on the RAM on the Ti's. While it says
you have 27k ram free to the user(on the TI83, total is 32K of RAM),
this is aviable space. If such a chess program require 16k of RAM you
would have 27K-16K=11K of RAM left to the program file.
Ram on your Pc and on your TI83 is not the same. The Ti83 Ram is kinda
like a hard-drive and Ram. Still a good programmer should be able to
create a chess program :)
--
JTK