Chess for the 83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Chess for the 83

People! Think about what out you want the calc to do!
It sounds like you want the computer to have some artificial
intelligence - be able to make logical moves. In order to do this, it
will have to look at ALL the possibilities of each player for at least
1 move. However, to be any good, it has to be able to look a couple
moves in advance; and the number of possibilities to look at grows
incredibly fast. I don't know if this is true, but somewhere I read
that "Deep Blue" can only look seven moves in advance. If anyone has
any ideas on how to start setting up the computer part, everything
else should be rather simple.

Jody Snider
jody1@alaska.net