Re: Problem: TI-86 Parallel PC Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Problem: TI-86 Parallel PC Link

Okay.  Here's what I now think the problem is.  I've tried everything I
could think of, from disabling the cache to using slow-down to booting
in DOS 6 to changing the diodes.  On the parallel link FAQ, one
suggestion is that the I/O card is processor dependant.  However, I have
been able to do more with my link on faster computers than on slower
computers.  So, the I/O card might not be the problem.  I think it's the
BIOS.  The two computers I've used at home have Phoenix BIOS'.  They
also have Pentium processors (for what it's worth!).  It is possible
that the BIOS' definition of a bi-directional parallel port is not
compatible with the link.  I think the LPT port is designated as a
printer port with the Phoenix BIOS, and just as a parallel port on other
BIOS'.  Let me know what you think!

-Jeremy

Follow-Ups: References: