Re: Mac/86/Graphlink

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mac/86/Graphlink

>Hello;
>     I have the TI-86, Perfoema 630 Mac, TI's Graphlink Cable, TI's
>Graphlink software 2.0.b1 and the headache to go along w/ them!  The only
>thing I can transfer w/o complaint is the screen dump from the 86 to the
>Graphlink program.  The stuff I transmitt to the 86 is exactly like the
>stuff seen on the screen on the Mac and naturally I'm writing because it
>isn't working for me.  I am doing something or several things
>incorrectly.  I have tried the "txt", "uue" and "p" or "g"I download from
>ftp.ti.com or TI's Web w/ the same results.  I send the info as is or thru
>the TIauto and no difference except for the appearance of the stuff sent.
>I have tired the "save-as" for the stuff that comes across TI's web page
>that initally looks ike jibberish.  The stuff sent in the 86 looks like
>the stuff on the Mac that was sent.  Once the drag/drop has been performed
>on the Mac, I examine it w/ the 86 by using the PRGM btn on the 86.  Is
>there anyone out there that has a Mac, TI-86 and is being successful?  If
>so, could you send a step-by-step to me please?  Thank you!

I have a Mac Performa 637CD, as you see an older model at home.
I have the TI-86 Link and have found it to work for me. It is
different from the TI-85 and the TI-92 link sowtware. The two problems I
have had found are: It is very slow and in very difficult to know just
what you are doing. It does not feel like a Mac program.
Rather it feels kind of clumsy, kind of like a Windows program.

I have found that the calulator must be on for the software
to work properly. That seems silly, but the calculator does
turn itself off.

If you want to sent new files to the TI-86. Drag and drop the files
onto the open window that shows your calculators files.

Good Luck

Gary Wardall