Re: Slow Down on 86 and 83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Slow Down on 86 and 83

When you run a program for the first time after opening it up in the editor
it "tokenizes" the program(replaces long commands, etc with shorter stuff
that the calc can understand).  This takes time but also makes the program
smaller.  When a program is opened in the editor it is "detokenized" and
will be tokenized again when you run it.  If you want your programs to run
fast all the time, just don't open them in the editor or run them
immediately after editing.  I am pretty sure this is what's happening.

Michael Turitzin