Mem expanders

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mem expanders

If you think about replying just to say something like "buy a laptop",
don't reply at all. Those replies can be very annoying at some times. I
have a calc and a pc. I use my calc at school and Pc at home. I don't
need to buy a laptop. (Yet)
Now then...
I have heard a lot about these mem expanders, though they always seem to
be out of "production" because someone is making a better version or
there isn't drivers available to my calc (I have a 83), and I've heard
that what they really do is add "portable memory" and not more user
memory. Like taking a floppy disc along.
Is this true?? And where can I get the plans on building the most recent
one??
Can't you make a program (asm) that tricks the ROM/calc into beliving
that the mem expander is internal mem?? And is there a link port on the
expander so you can have x-tra mem and still hook up to another calc/pc
or maybe sharing the expander.

If I suggested something that is nearly impossible, have in mind that i
know almost nothing about electronics ;-)
(Though I made a link cable extender, but it didn't work quite well on
larger transfers. And it was only about 20cm. Still, my friends were
impressed, but they can't even turn the axes on and off)
Jack TK