Re: Serial link freezes my TI-85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Serial link freezes my TI-85

I'm not saying that there's power surgin INTO the computer, its coming out.
Believe me, I've experienced it many times before.

At 05:21 PM 2/14/98 -0700, Grant Stockly wrote:
>>Are you connecting them when both of them are off? If not, you should,
>>because if you connect it while the computer is on, it will almost certainly
>>damage your calc through the surge of power sent through the link.
>I don't see why you think everything that plugs into a link port will kill it.
>If there is power "surging" through your computer, your motherboard is fried.
>
>>>I've got a TI-85 and a serial link.  I know the link is built correctly
>>>because I could get it to work on my old 486.  But on my new PC, it
>>>freezes up my TI-85 when the two are connected.  What's causing this?
>>>Is there a solution?
>
>Make sure it is actually a serial port.  Test for power.

Welcome to the U.S.S. Crew
-- http://www.jeffb.home.ml.org/
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/1149/
ICQ UIN (if you have ICQ)        -- 2097846
ICQ E-mail Express (if you dont) -- mailto:2097846@wwp.mirabilis.com