Re: headphones

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: headphones

What is the differences between your calc<->calc wire and a headphone
wire?? Not much. So, you take your headphones and look at the plug. It's
3,5mm and your calc has a 2,5mm socket.(Both stereo)
so:
REMEMBER: ALL SOCKETS AND PLUGS MUST BE STEREO NOT MONO
1) Buy a 3,5mm socket and a 2,5mm plug. Connect outer ring to outer ring
etc. A homemade adapter
2) Buy a 3,5mm socket and a 2,5mm socket. Connect as above. Use your
calc<->calc to get to the one socket end and connect your headphones to
the other end.
3) Buy a factory made 3,5mm<->2,5mm adapter

number 1:
         2,5             3,5           3,5
Calc<-------------socket <-----------Headphones
number 2:
        Calc lead 2,5      2.5      3,5     Hp wire 3,5
Calc ---------------> socket -socket <---------Headphones

numer 3 will be a factory wariant of 1 or 2
I have heard this might damage your calc port, but I haven't experienced
it. I've also heard someone claim that a homemade link might damager your
calc port.

Benjamin Rafuse wrote:

> I found a web site that claims you can hear sound with the TI-83 and a
> pair of headphones.  I also found the schematic for constructing the
> adapter but I have no clue how to read it.  Could someone please send
> me the instructions in plain English for assembling my own pair of
> headphones for the TI-83?  THanks

Jack TK