Re: ZIP files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ZIP files

just exactly HOW is it like saying pc's can't read .html files?
Maybe you should put some actual knowledge into your next reply.
if it is a mac program, then it is going to be in .hqx compressed form
97% of the time. And to help you game some knowledge:

.hqx compression was made specifically for the MAC.
.zip compression was ORIGINALLY made for the PC.
.html files were made for platform independence, which is why they are
used
      for use on the world wide web.

oh.. btw... Windows can be run on the Mac, as well as variations of
UNIX.
as you can see, i am not using DOS/Windows on the PC that i am
running...

Grant Stockly wrote:

> No, I think its your problem.  Thats like saying PCs can't read .html
files...

> Get UnZip from www.amug.org
>
> >That could be your problem.  Mac's don't read ZIP's.  They use the file
> >extension .hqx.  Make sure that when you download from any web site
> >(not just ticalc.org) you download the files specific to the Mac, not
> >PC.

Follow-Ups: References: