Re: PLEASE HELP -- TI-86 GRAPHLINK PROBLEMS

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: PLEASE HELP -- TI-86 GRAPHLINK PROBLEMS

Serial ports are COM ports in DOS/Win
Parallel ports are LPT ports in DOS/Win
You probably need to change the COM port in the link software to the one
that
you are using. Most likely COM1 is used by your modem, unless you
upgraded.
But, try using different COM ports in the link software set up.

Scott Noveck (SMN) wrote:

> I just bought a Graphlink for my TI-86 today, and have been unable to get it
> to work.  As the package says, I hooked it up to my serial port (needed a
> 9-25 pin adaptor), made sure the connections were tight, and put the calc on
> the home screen.  The problem is that TI's software checks COM ports for the
> link, whereas the linking cable connects to the serial port.  In Windows, I
> went to the control panel and hard the computer search for new hardware,
> which was unsuccessful.
>
> So, to get to the point:  Am I doing anything wrong?  And how can I get the
> software to detect the cable in my serial port (or set it as a Com port?)?
> Has anyone else had this problem???
>
> If you can help, please reply to either the newsgroup or directly to me by
> E-Mail (noveck@pluto.njcc.com).
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Scott Noveck

Follow-Ups: References: