Re: ROM dump legal?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ROM dump legal?

In article <v02110104b100346410ab@[206.149.127.65]>, Grant Stockly
<gussie@ALASKA.NET> wrote:
>>providing I design my own routines and leave TI's ROM alone or would TI
>>think I was copying their ROM when in reality I wouldn't be?  What other
>>problems could arise (programming or legal)?
>
>If you can proove that you rewrote it, and they take you to court, they
>don't have a chance...

Blech, that is so wrong.  If you use any knoledge of any part of TI's code in
the prosess of making your own Rom, it is illegal.  The only way to ensure
that you do not use any part of their code is to have some people who
dissasemble the rom and write down what it accompishes, and then have another
group turns that back into a completely original Rom.

andyg@hooked.net

Follow-Ups: References: