Re: What's that vertical dash thing when graphing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Modem Boy wrote:

> Steve B. wrote:
> >
> > Just bought a ti-85 and I notice that while I'm graphing a function, while
> > it's being drawn, there is a vertical dash way on the right edge kinda
> > doing a dance, just going up. Then when the graph is finished and I end up
> > a dot on the right and left edge near the top.
> >
> > Is this stuff normal?
> >
> > thanks
> Indeed it is. the little vertical bar is like your hourglass cursor on
> computers. Indicating the calculator is busy. You'll see this more
> often when running BASIC programs for the first time.
>
> -(:P Modem Boy d:)-
> -(:P -=TI-86=- d:)-

Oh, yes, and the dots at the top of the graph screen are the LOWER and
UPPER indicators, set to the defaults xMin and xMax.  When you change
those, you will see that they are in fact little triangles indicating an
interval for your Math operations (like for fMin and fMax, arc length,
et cetera.)