Re: ti-83 or ti-89?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-83 or ti-89?

Sumit wrote:

> hi,
> i am just curious about one thing.  i have a ti-83 and with the new
> ti-89 coming, everybody is talking about that.  now, i am little
> worried.  after the ti-89 comes out will many of you sell your ti-83
> and buy ti-89 and will there be any more game for the ti-83??  and one
> more thing, if i said that i am going to sell my ti-83, will any of
> you out there buy it?
> thank you,
> sumit.

Don't worry about 83 games.  The 83 is a very popular calculator, and
most schools, including mine, still want the students to get an 83
(Screw them, I'm getting an 89 :) .  However, with many 83's still being
sold, there will be new games and programs.  There will also be a market
for your used 83 too.  I may even need to get one sometime for the stats
stuff.  Heck, people are still buying 85's, and there are new 85 games
all the time, and the 85 is the 2nd oldest graphing calculator.

Todd