Re: Calculator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Calculator

George S. Spencer wrote in message ...
>        Hi:
>                I have a TI Converter calculator and as you probably know
>is quite old , but it does the capacity,length,temp,weight immediately ,
>but recently , when I push a digit , two or three may show up on screen ,
>what may I do to correct this , I don't want to part with it because it is
>the easiest one I have seen , apparently the battery is not the cause of
>this . Please advise .
>        Thanks
> George Spencer

It sounds like there may be dirt or oxidation in your key contacts.  If you
can take apart your calc and look at where the keys make contact, carefully
clean off those places and reassemble you should be able to fix it.  If the
keyboard is a sealed unit with metal domes that flatten when you press a
key, you may be out of luck.

Tom Lake