Re: Linking 83->86 and etc.?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Linking 83->86 and etc.?

SithLord K wrote in message
<1998082220072600.QAA28503@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
>Might be out of question for data transfer protocol reasons.
>However, if someone writes an ASM program for each calc that can utilize
the
>link port to transfer between calcs, files still won't work.
>82/83 pictures are smaller than 85/86 pictures in screen size.
>82/83 programs use a TOTALLY different protocol for programs than 85/86.
>
>It could be possible to do such a transfer prog, but it's really
impractical,
>and I can't think of a use for it.

There is only one use I can think of, and it is the reason that I asked in
the first place: to transfer .83* files d/l'd off the net to an 86, and then
to the 83 by pretending to be another 83 over the link. The .83* files could
be stored as an encoded string variable or something on the 86.

;SmokeSerpent+
--
SmokeSerpent@psnw.com