Re: time for a new TI?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: time for a new TI?

When I was in high school (including AP Calc) a couple of years ago, most
everyone had TI-82s, and a few people (myself included) had TI-85s.  The
TI-82s worked just fine for everything, even AP Calc.  I must say, though,
that I'm glad I got the 85 instead of the 82.  It has a couple of things
that are useful that the 82 doesn't (unit converters, solver, poly solver).
So, it's really up to you whether you want to spend the money for the 86 or
just keep what you have.  One more thing to consider, are you planning to
go to college?  College calculus courses all but require a TI-92/89.  If
you plan to continue on in college math, you might want to skip over the 86
completely and just get the TI-89 right now.