Re: HP's and TI's calculator output rate

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP's and TI's calculator output rate

I wrote this:

>>> I'd much rather use Emacs than MS-word for instance:  I can extend
>whatever
>>> functions, keystrokes, etc, I want to and change the interface.  This is
>>> not possible with MS-Word for example.  If you want to do something they
>>> didn't anticipate, you are SOL.

>You mean you actually took the time to learn enough Emacs Lisp to do this?
>I'm stunned and amazed. I'm puzzled, though -- you know a variant of Lisp,
>yet find the HP-48's UserRPL programming language goofy (yet it borrowed a
>_lot_ from Lisp)? Or is this hypothetical -- _if_ you wanted to radically
>change things around with Emacs, it's possible but you don't necessarily
>know how to do it yourself?

You misinterpreted the attribution: I know elisp and am a '48 user.

-z

--
# Zak Smith        smithz@cae.wisc.edu (pgp)    http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~smithz
# Univ. of Wisconsin - Madison MSEE Student.   Geek.   "UNIX - it sucks less."

Follow-Ups: References: