Re: TI-86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-86

It would be slow, about 4x the time for a 85 backup, but that is not the
reason I have heard.  The reason is that since the 86 has assembly, and
there are problems with assembly on different roms, TI disabled the
backup feature.  Say I backed up my 86 (rom 1.2), and then sent the
backup to my buddy's rom 1.3 calculator, if there were assembly
programs, the programs that ran fine on my 86 may crash his.  However, a
calc to calc backup works fine, even between two different roms
versions, so go figure.

If you want a way to backup your calc using an emulator, email me,
Todd

--

Spam filters in place.  No need to delete "nospam" from email address.