Re: HP's and TI's calculator output rate

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<dont@you.dare.spam.me> wrote:

>> >I used to be die-hard CLI fan, and now I still prefer a CLI, but realize
>> >that
>> >GUIs are useful for some things as well..  I don't like MS, but Windows
>> >has
>>
>> I'd much rather use Emacs than MS-word for instance:  I can extend
whatever
>> functions, keystrokes, etc, I want to and change the interface.  This is
>> not possible with MS-Word for example.  If you want to do something they
>> didn't anticipate, you are SOL.

You mean you actually took the time to learn enough Emacs Lisp to do this?
I'm stunned and amazed. I'm puzzled, though -- you know a variant of Lisp,
yet find the HP-48's UserRPL programming language goofy (yet it borrowed a
_lot_ from Lisp)? Or is this hypothetical -- _if_ you wanted to radically
change things around with Emacs, it's possible but you don't necessarily
know how to do it yourself?

>Oh? Then what are them darn MACROs in Windows and Excel for?

Don't know -- never took the time to learn them. They're strange and goofy
and different and all that other yucky stuff... ;-)

Larry

Follow-Ups: References: