Re: Graph Link while online?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Graph Link while online?

Jack the Klipper wrote:

> Bill Risher wrote:
> >
> > I have heard this problem before, but never a solution.  I cant use my
> > graph link software under windows while I am using my modem.  My Graph Link
> > is on COM 2 and my modem is on COM 4.  Is there any way to get around this?
>
> Simple. No. Com 2 and 4 uses the same IRQ.

You can set COM4 to IRQ9 or IRQ2 if your I/O card supports that setting.
Most of these cards have jumpers to set the IRQ, modern on-board ports
can be set in the BIOS setup. My modem runs on COM3/IRQ9 and there is no
conflict with the serial mouse on COM1/IRQ4.

--

Christian Schmadalla (st000328@hrz1.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de)
http://www.tu-darmstadt.de/~st000328/index.html (Deutsch)