Re: Processor Upgrade?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Processor Upgrade?

Chris Pletcher wrote:

> What's the point? Just replace the clock crystal.

There's a web page somewhere than has instructions on replacing the cap.
in
the R/C oscillator.  It's really simple - just desolder the SMT cap and
put
in a 1pf in it's place.  The only thing you gotta be careful about is
the
mylar ribbon cable for the display - it's easily damaged.  I did this
hack
to my 85, and it flies now - you should see it graph a sine wave.. Very
cool.

Richard

Richard Goedeken                          Dept gy2a  IBM  Rochester,
Minnesota
"The essential conditions of everything you do must be choice, love,
passion."