TI-86 Locking Up?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-86 Locking Up?

Hi all.  Just thought I'd ask for comments/suggestions here.  I tried
uploading a program to my TI-86 this morning and it locked my calc.
That's happened before, no big deal, I take out a battery, wait a few
seconds, put it back in, and proceed to try to reload all my stuff back
on the calc again.  The problem is, the calc continues to lock up while
I'm doing this and while I'm trying to upload programs that I had
previously uploaded to my calc without problems.  I'm using a homemade
parallel link and the Cal and/or WinTrans8x programs; mainly the WinTrans
program because it seemed to work better.  I got all sorts of wierd stuff
on me calc when it locked -- inverted screen colors, cursor changes, graph
stuff (like x,y coords) when not in graph mode, plain garbage on the screen,
unable to exit from link menu on errors, and probably more stuff I can't
recall at the moment.  I would get some programs on the calc, but eventually
it would lock up in trying to transfer another one and I'd have to pull out
the batteries and start all over again.  It got rather annoying because
it went on for quite some time before I got most of what I wanted back up
on my calc and decided to stop trying before it locked up again.  And as I
mentioned, I had previously put all these programs on my calc before.
So, does anyone have any suggestions on why this is happening and how to
avoid it?  Having to upload all my stuff back on the calc after trying to
upload a new program that ends up locking the calc is bad enough without
all these transmission errors and the calc locking on me some more when
I'm trying to upload programs that used to work fine.  Any help you can
provide would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--
      .      .        .       .         -- James Marshall     (CAS)   .   .
 ,.  -- )-- ,   , . -- )-- ,            marshall@astro.umd.edu   .,  .