Re: Displaying imaginary munbers on a graph

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Displaying imaginary munbers on a graph

Of course you can't do it directly, think about it, how would you put an
imaginary number on a number line?  If I get your meaning though, you need
only a simple substitute.  Back when I was first taught imaginary numbers,
the text book briefly decribed ploting points on a graph where the
horizontal is the real numbers, and the vertical is imaginary.  Thus, the
point (2,3) is equivalent to 2+3i.  Notice this is exactly the way the
TI-85/86 displays imaginary numbers.  Following this method, store the
imaginary number to VAR, and draw the point (Real VAR, Imag VAR)