Why does the TI-85 do...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Why does the TI-85 do...

Hi everybody, does some of you know how to integrate

e^-(0.5x^2) from -infinity to t by hand or by calculator?

When I type in fnInt(e^(-0.5x^2),x,-e99,t) I get 0 for every value of t.
Why?
My calculator is in floating point mode, tolerance set to e-5 and delta to
0.01. My ROM version is 8.0 however the problem occurs on ROM 10.0 machines
too.

Does anybody know of a program for the calculator or my PC, which you could
use to check if some material is e.g. normal distributed? A program (or
add-in to Excel) which can save all the tiresome drawing by hand on
distribution paper?

Kind regards Kasper Vibe Grevsen, Denmark