Re: complex #'s

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: complex #'s

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:33:49 -0400, Glen Nowak <gnowak@erols.com>
wrote:

>on the TI86 when ever you get an complex # as an answer it displays it
>like an ordered pair but that isnt what my teacher wants she wants it in
>the form a+bi can anyone tell me if you can put the answers into that
>form on the 86

If you need to write it in that form, the first number  in the ordered
pair is a and the second is b.  The number means the same thing, it is
just a matter of how the TI stores it in memory.  So if you do
something with the calculator using a complex number displayed as
(3,6) on the calculator, and then do it by hand using the more
conventional 3+6i, the answer will be the same.