Programming Challenge

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Programming Challenge

Dear List,
    I want to thank everyone that sent in their help on that "beastly" problem of mine.  I was especially impressed by the three line solution submitted by Prof. Nester.  To think, I spent two hours of my time trying to (unsuccessfully) write a program to do this (which turned out to be about 100 lines and didn't work), and someone did it in three!  I suppose the moral of the story here is to be familiar with ALL the commands available to you.  I didn't even know the "sort" command existed!  I sure hope I get better at this before I go off to carnagie mellon next year...
thanks a lot,
steve muckle