Re: TI 85 vs TI 86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI 85 vs TI 86

Blue wrote:

> I've just started tech math 1 in College.  I'm not familiar with
> graphing calculators much.  My professor told me to go get a TI-85.
> When I went to the store, they didn't have any, but cut me a deal on a
> TI-86 which said on the package it was an enhanced 85.  Now I'm
> finding some compatibility problems.  The things the professor says to
> do, doesn't work on my calculator.  So far I've been able to figure it
> out, or get help from someone who knows.  My thirty days isn't up on
> this calculator.  I'm wondering if I should take it back, and get a
> 85?

Since you've been able to figure things out ok so far, I would say stay
with the 86.  The 86 has about 3 times as much memory as the 85 and it is
a much better calculator in my opinion.  The 86 has features that the 85
lacks.   The TI-85 is a pretty old calculator.  Check out
http://www.ti.com/calc/docs/gmtrx.htm for a comparison of all the
calculators.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>