Base conversion function

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Base conversion function

I wrote a function to perform decimal conversions to (almost) any base.
It's called base().  When you call base(nn,bb), nn is the number to be
converted, and bb is the desired base.  Base 2=binary, base 8=octal, and
base 16=hexadecimal.

It's does no error checking, and there's probably a more efficient way of
doing it, but hey, that's alright.  I just hope I typed it in right...

To begin entering it, press Apps/Program Editor/New.  Change the Type to
Function, and call the Variable "base" (w/o quotes).  At the top of the
function, change "base()" to read "base(nn,bb)".

Note that the "->" is symbol is created by pressing the "STO>" key.

-----
base(nn,bb)
func
local s, ch, num