Re: Where the heck are 2.5mm plugs 4 link???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<idsoccer*@lesbois.com> says:
> >I am trying to build a parallel link cable from the plans on
> >www.ticalc.org.. I have everything, but the 2.5mm, 3 conductor plugs. I
> >went to radio shack today, but they said they didn't even carry them, not
> >even in the mail order catalogue. Where is every 1 getting these plugs?
> >They seem to be VERY rare. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
>
>   What I did was just use the link cable that came with the TI-85.  It work's
great!
> Another think you might try is just to make the part of the link that hooks
to the
> parallel port and then attach a 2.5mm stereo jack (if you can find one) and
then just
> plug the link into the jack.  Haven't tried that, but I see no reason why it
wouldn't
> work.
go to radio shack and by the 2.5mm two-conductor CLOSED-circuit type. It
actually has 3 conductors you can use. Just modify them a little and
they work fine. This is what I use. You just have to make sure you get
the CLOSED-circuit type, the open type does not have this option.