how-to with TI86 please?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

how-to with TI86 please?

I've graphed an equation using the "solver" which has four roots for
the value of X, as displayed when I graph the equation... there are five
vertical lines thru the X axis.
        But how do I easily determine the value of those X intersects? My
algebra teacher showed me a way on his TI83 where he cursored over to an
approximate intersect location and hit a key or two and the value of
that point displayed... if I cursor to an X intersect and then hit
"solve" I get what seems to be an X value which corresponds to that
intersect after the solver has done its thing, BUT...
        ... is there a way to get the X values directly for all five roots of
the equation without graphing it?
        ... how do I quickly determine the values of the X intercepts without
going back to the SOLVER and doing them one at a time?
        There must be a way!! I'll be watching for the answer, which I hope
someone will be kind enough to help me out with.

        R. Spreeman

visit my website at:
        http://members.tripod.com/~spreeman/index.html