TI Programmers: I'm BEGGING you to write a symbolic manipulation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI Programmers: I'm BEGGING you to write a symbolic manipulation program . . .

for my TI-86 . . . so I won't have to use this  HORRIBLE  HP48GX!

For anyone who hasn't yet seen one of these, you're treated with a
microscopic hyroglyphic font (missing only jackal-people carrying
urns), in blue.  Somewhere along the line someone did HP's colors
because their blue hyrogl- er, font, happens to be just one shade
removed from the osterized-frog-puke-green LCD display (HP's covering
all their bases just in case you can still actually read the
calculator).  The key colors do coordinate with the puke-green screen
and the teal-type, but I guess I'm into different coordinates.  The
math kind.

Ever see one of those beautifully-made-up beds in a department store
display, and you sit down on it and realize there's wood underneath?
The keypad.

I can take a walk around the block before the processor finishes
computing.  I have never seen anything so expensive be so shamelessly
slow.

But my favorite was being assured that the HP48GX could do really ugly
stuff like factoring polynomials with lots of variables.  The HP web
site (and I quote):  "With the HP48GX you can take on the toughest
equations from the classroom or lab and make sense of them."  Oh yeah?
How about finding the factors of (a^2  +  b^2  -  6b  -  9)?  tsk tsk.
There's that pesky extra variable.  It's a drag that the world
actually has many colors, many languages - and algebra usually
involves MORE THAN ONE VARIABLE, HELLO?

Purchase a card for this HP?  Realize how hard for me this is.  If
you've ever used a TI, it's really, really hard to have to use an HP.
If I have to, I will.  E-mail me if you know of ANYTHING that I could
download for my TI-86, and I'll be eternally grateful.

curious angel
curious@sj.bigger.net